Monday 7 April 2014

Summer turns 18!

 
Being Two is tough work for this wee one as behind the scenes is a noisy new born brother!
 
Looking adorable comes easy...especially with those big eyes & eyelashes!
 
However, the 6th April 2014 is a big day for her as she is turning 18!
 
 
 
I love to bake - so out came the cookbook.
 
 
 
Never one for waiting for surprises - Summer takes a peek!
 
 
Summer loves all things pink & Ballet, so it wasn't hard to decide on what direction
I was going to take with decorating the cake.
I thought the vintage roses would be a nice touch as since she is turning 18 - fresh
flowers from The Country Providore would 'grow the cake up' so to speak.
 
 
 
 
I thought Raspberry & White Chocolate Icing would look great with the colour scheme -
not too mention great flavour!
The name of the roses where 'Old Dutch' & looked great with the vintage little
ballerina decorations I found at a local shop.
The pink balls around the edge of the cake were in actual fact - scorched almonds.
They were coated in this amazing pink metallic coating!
I found these also at a speciality lolly store in town.
 

 
The cute little 'Happy Birthday' bunting came from a giftware sale that I had saved.
 
 
 
Our 'big girl' at 18!
 
Happy Birthday Summer xx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment